Saturday, June 23, 2007

VIP Quilt, pt 2.

It's on it's way, it's on it's way, I'm so excited, it's on it's way! (Can you tell I'm excited?)

Okay, here's the story. If you recall, awhile back I mentioned a lady who had been diagnosed with a brain tumor. Her name is Heather, and you can read her blog here. I felt especially close to the situation, because of my mom, and I felt called to make her a comfort quilt.

So I asked a mutual aquaintence to find out her favorite colors. The friend came back and said, "sagey greens." I found myself thinking, "Uh oh. What's a girl to do? All I have are brights!"

Except, after my mom got sick, I got some of her quilts and told her I would finish them for her. And wouldn't you know it, one of the quilts was .... drumroll please .... SAGE GREEN! The friend said it then, I'll say it now: It must have been a God thing!

Anyway, the quilt is now quilted, bound, labeled, and on it's way to Heather. Hopefully, it should get there either Monday or Tuesday.

This is the label. Simple seemed best.

A picture of me with the quilt.

A picture of a really cool sunset that I just had to share.

Isn't that color deliciously beautiful?

5 comments:

Doodlebug Gail said...

What a wonderful gift you're giving from your heart. Gorgeous quilt. I've been following Heather's story - it's just a little too close to home to deal with it sometimes. (((HUGS)))

Rose said...

Love the quilt and love that sunset.

Teodo said...

great your quilt gift.
The sunset colour is wonderful.
ciao ciao

Judy L. said...

That's a beautiful sunset!

Especially Heather said...

I was thinking about you when I wrapped up in the quilt you made me and decided to search for you again... the quilt lays across the foot of my bed and I think of you and your mom each morning as I place it there.

You will never know how much this gift has meant to me, even after almost 3 years after the initial diagnosis. It brings a smile to my face every. single. day.

Thank you again
-H

Post a Comment

This blog has moved to mghollis.wordpress.com - Please visit us there.

Hugs,
Melinda

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.