I've been recovering from shin splints the past week, and I have HATED not being outside running when I could. I got up this morning determined to run.
And it was raining.
So I went downstairs and got on the "dreadmill." Did some HITT work. Stopped and stretched when it felt tight. I ended up running a mile in 19+ minutes. It was awful.
I didn't want to risk hurting myself again, so I quit and came back upstairs. After about an hour, I realized it wasn't raining anymore. Not only that, it was really nice and cool outside.
So I decided to try again.
I mainly just run around my block. 2 1/2 laps is a mile. The backside of the block has a nice little hill. I have been running 3 of the 4 sides of the block and walking up the hill. I leave my water bottle on a low wall, and slow down and stop when I pass the water bottle.
I didn't stop.
I was able to run part way up the hill.
I walked when I needed to. I wasn't in a lot of pain (although there is a little).
And I kept going.
And I beat myself! I got a personal best!
After months of having 15 minute miles and have a 19 minute mile earlier this morning, this was FABULOUS! I am so proud of myself.
I have to laugh because when I was telling Dale about it, I told him I "only" went a mile this morning. (Not counting the mile on the dreadmill.) But the reason I laugh is because in February and March, I would have been THRILLED to run a full mile. How far I've come! : D
Happy running!
Hugs,
Melinda
Days without soda: 0
Bike miles: 16.04
Running miles: 17.3

No comments:
Post a Comment
This blog has moved to mghollis.wordpress.com - Please visit us there.
Hugs,
Melinda
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.