So.... here's my pick. My WHOLE house. It feels like we are knee deep in clutter. And I know that there are some areas that have been organized before, but are not now. (The other part of this challenge is getting my family to continue the organization after I've started.) My specific room will be my bedroom/sewing room. My specific small area are my closets. I have five fairly large closets that are not being used appropriately because of the clutter problem.
So, I'm going to try to post some "before" pictures of some key areas. And I will be working on this project all month. Wish me luck! Oh, and I have started in some areas already. LOL
Hugs,
Melinda
This is one of the cabinets. It's down low, and it's for my girls dishes. We started cleaning this one yesterday, by getting rid of some of the "extra" dishes.
My bathroom sink area. I cleaned this up, mainly by taking all the books back to the bookshelf.
This is our outside closet. See all those trash bags? Toys. All 7 of them. (You can't see 4 of them in this picture.) I have been through these bags. I pulled out two bags full of stuffed animals (no green teddy bears though), and another bag full of toddler toys. Those were donated to a nursing home, and to a friend that has a day care center. My next step is to go back through these bags to pull out "favorites" and then donate the rest of them. My children have way too many toys.
These are the dishes that I don't use that often but that I do use. I need to organize this a bit better.
Part of my sewing area. I really need to get this area organized, because otherwise, I can't sew. I can't quilt. I can't be my creative self.
Like I said, when I can't even find my sewing machine, it's a sad day. (Oh, that quilt on the back of my chair got donated to a DAV thrift store on Monday.)
I'm working on finding a home for this box. I've been through it, pulled the trash out, pulled the yarn out, pulled out the fabrics I'll use. The rest of it needs a home though.
My husband needs help with his cable clutter. I really really want to do this NEXT.
I want my kitchen shelf/ledge/bar to be clutter free. I think this will be a good spot for a Thanksgiving buffet. But it has to be clutter free first.
See this pile of coats, blankets, and pillows? I put the blankets on the correct beds, the couch pillows on the couch, and.......................
I hung the coats up in this closet. (This is a before shot of the closet.)
More sewing stuff. Except it's in the dining room. I want this storage drawer unit, plus the other one I have to eventually go in my closet. And that big brown box on the left side of the picture??? Gone. Donated to the DAV thrift store on Monday.
And this is another problem closet. There's the pack and play that will be given to my SIL at Christmas. But most all of those boxes underneath is either paper clutter or just plain JUNK. I don't like it, and I want to get rid of it. And the blankets to the left in this picture are going to get sorted and organized and some will be donated.
I really need to organize my office supplies and Sweet Pea's school supplies.
More of husband's clutter problem. Do you think I can help him? And does anyone know where to donate used electronics?
10 comments:
Oh wow, you're doing your whole house? I decided just to tackle one small area ;-)
Hope you do well in your challenge!
Blessings.
Am I insane? Would you believe I only put 15 of the 40 pictures up? But I really needed the motivation. I don't care if I win anything.
Hugs,
Melinda
Sounds like you're off to a good start! :) Keep up the good work!
For your DH's cables....twist ties! It'll take a few minutes to sort through, "fold" and twist tie them together, but they stack well and the space is cut down to about 1/4th. :)
Thanks for sharing this. I thought I was alone. I hate the clutter. Last week I found pictures of our house on the inside before we inherited the kids and my heart broke as I looked around now.
Good Luck!
You have a lot to do, but it will be so nice when it's done. I have the same problem of getting something organized and not being able to keep it that way. It is so frustrating. Good luck.
whew! I'm wore out, but it will be so worth it when you're finished! Good luck!!
WOW... you're tackling a LOT in one month! Kuddos to you... I think you can do it. It sounds like you got a great start already... keep it up! :)
How's it going? I need help with my books. Oh my goodness. It's horrible. I miss you sister.
How is your dad? I saw the news!
I laughed my head off over the electronics picture. We go through the same thing here. My husband says they're vintage computer parts. It looks like garbage to me!!! We have the same constant argument (with a loving spirit of course). Oh my goodness, the thing that drives me nuts with being married to a computer geek is all the wires hanging every where. I want to scream! They are eye sores. LOL
Did you see the monarch migration? Is that what it was? So cool! We have some pictures we took up in Pennsylvania for your other blog site, but it's taking forever to our pics organized.
God bless!
I'm so impressed you are motivated to get your whole house done. I'd love to see you succeed. Just imagine how good that is going to feel when you are done! Try not to get overwhelmed by focusing on one space at a time. Complete one space before moving on so the sense of accomplishment will become your motivator and keep you moving!!
Thanks for joining the challenge.
Blessings,
Laura
Post a Comment
This blog has moved to mghollis.wordpress.com - Please visit us there.
Hugs,
Melinda
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.