Mother Lioness.

Zebra. One of the only animals Little Bit can say clearly.

Sleeping Jaguar.

I can hear this camel saying, "What are you looking at? I know I'm not as ugly as you are."

This momma orangutan was .... HUGE!

One word for the penguin habitat..... COOL! They had you really up close and personal with the penguins.

And the butterfly habitat was also really awesome as well. There was a waterfall, and it was really quiet, and very peaceful. These butterflies were all over and just beautiful. These shots were made with my macro lens and about 18 inches away from them. It was awesome.


This is NOT a zoom on this giraffe. This is how close we were to it. The kids were holding out leaves, and the giraffe was reaching over the rocks and the fence, and grabbing them.

Isn't this cute? I guess it was naptime. :)

I hope you enjoyed a small tour of the St. Louis Zoo. :) If you ever get a chance, you should go.
Hugs,
Melinda
3 comments:
I didn't even know there was a zoo in St. Louis. Sounds like a place I'd like to go .. especially when it's 65 degrees! Thanks for the pix.
Great pics Melinda! I have always wanted to spend time at the StL zoo and now that my niece and her dh and son live there I think it'll have to be a priority!
hugs
laurie
Those pictures turned out great! You've definitely got the eye too! :)
Love you!
Post a Comment
This blog has moved to mghollis.wordpress.com - Please visit us there.
Hugs,
Melinda
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.