I can fly!
Well, not really. But when I ran on Tuesday, it felt like I was flying. I did great and felt fantastic!
The first thing that happened was that I ran a mile in 10:30. Ten minutes! I can't believe it. After struggling for so long to maintain a 14 minute pace, 10:30 felt fantastic.
The second thing that happened was that I broke a personal record. When I ran my first 5K in April, I ran it at 43 minutes. When I ran my second one in May, I ran it at 41 minutes. Most of my training has been between 45 and 55 minutes. Tuesday... I ran a 5K in 36:22.
WHAT? Oh my goodness. I can't believe it. I simply can't believe it. I have no idea how I did it. I maintained an 11:45 pace for the whole run. I think that was the best run I have ever had.
I don't know if I'm going to be able to repeat it anytime soon, but I know I will hold that memory for a very long time.
Hugs,
Melinda
Days without soda: 0
Bike miles: 16.04
Running miles: 28 (I think)


No comments:
Post a Comment
This blog has moved to mghollis.wordpress.com - Please visit us there.
Hugs,
Melinda
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.