Thursday, January 08, 2015

FMF - Welcome

Five Minute Fridays.  They have been a part of my blog for a little bit now.  Not a regular part, although I would like to try to change that in 2015.  You go to Kate's blog or the Facebook page on Friday to get a prompt, and then you write.  For five minutes.  No editing.  Just free writing.  Then you go back to the blog and you link up.  The only rule is that you have to read the person ahead of you and leave a nice comment about their writing. 

So today's prompt is Welcome.  Ready?

GO:

I have no idea what to write about.  Welcome brings up a picture of a happy couple standing in the doorway saying "Welcome. Come in."  And maybe because I've been watching too many horror shows, I can't help but wonder about the reason they want me to come in.

But that's not the normal way of life.  When people invite you in, there's a reason, a joy, a hope.  When Jesus invites us in, it's to provide us with rest. 
Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.  Matthew 11:28
Come.  Well come.  Welcome.  Jesus, I want to come and I want to rest in you.  Jesus gives us rest and a home and a place to belong. A place to call home.  He loves us and he invites us in for no other reason than we are children of God.

Much more inviting when you don't have to worry about "why."  Find your Welcome in Jesus, my friend.  Welcome home.

Hugs,
Melinda

STOP
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog has moved to mghollis.wordpress.com - Please visit us there.

Hugs,
Melinda

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.