Monday, December 09, 2013

An Untitled Post

I have no idea what to call this post.  Today has been a stressful day, and I feel the need to write about it, get it all out, but I don't really like the idea of calling my post "A Stressful Day."

The dogs got in a fight.  A big nasty blood drawn type of fight.  Dale and I were out for Date Night.  Nothing fancy, just grocery shopping.  We were headed to the car when Boo starts texting me: "Bad fight bad fight. Fast and furious."  "It's starting again.  I've got Little Bit on my bed."  Then the phone rings and Little Bit is on the other end telling me there's blood, she's in tears, obviously scared, and possibly hyperventilating.  So, I was able to calm her down and determine that there's not THAT much blood, and let her know we were in the car on the way home.

Nana was covered.  But it was more because she's a white dog, so any little amount of a contrasting color shows up rather well.  She was limping, and her "wrist" was swollen.

Sky wouldn't let us touch her side.  We couldn't get her collar on.  She's black and we couldn't see any blood, but I still smeared her side with Neosporin.

We separated them, got everyone calmed down and snuggled into bed.

They got into it again Sunday afternoon. But this time, we were prepared.

Did you know that if 2 dogs are fighting, you don't grab the dog on top by the collar?  That's a good way to get bitten.  No, you can grab that top dog by the base of their tail or their hind legs, and pull upward and start walking backwards in a circle.  It breaks their grip and keeps them off balance so they aren't as likely to bite you.

Anyway...  I spent this morning at the vet's office, because Nana's wrist is still swollen and Skye still yelps a bit if we're not careful and pet her too hard on that side.

Then, Little Bit didn't want to do her schoolwork today.  Never you mind that it was "fun" schoolwork, that I want to study Christmas traditions around the world!  No, she was too tired and cranky to do the work, so I sent her up to take a nap.

But this evening....

This evening, I got an email alert from our bank stating that our account is overdrawn.  I know of at least 3 checks that haven't gone through, and one automatic withdrawal that is supposed to happen tomorrow.  I might can stop the 3 checks from being deposited, but there's no way that I can stop the withdrawal.

But along with that, came the realization that we probably won't be able to afford to go home for Christmas.  Which really sucks, because I was looking forward to hanging out with my sisters in law, and my nieces and nephews.

I'm tired.

I'm tired of stress, of emotional drama, of stupid mistakes.  I'm tired of asking for forgiveness and being rejected.  I'm tired of trying to hold it all together when I hurt so badly.  I'm tired of trying to cope on my own.

I am reminded of this passage from Matthew:

Matthew 11:28-30

New International Version (NIV)
28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”
But have you ever read it in the Message?

Matthew 11:28-30

The Message (MSG)
28-30 “Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you’ll recover your life. I’ll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won’t lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you’ll learn to live freely and lightly.”

Tonight, I'm going to give it all to God.  I'm going to try to walk with Jesus.  I'm going to rest in the Word, in Him.

And I hope you can do the same.

Hugs,
Melinda
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog has moved to mghollis.wordpress.com - Please visit us there.

Hugs,
Melinda

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.