It's time for a change. A weight loss change, that is.
Let's face the facts here. In the past month, I've gained around 10-15 pounds. I feel fat. I know I know.... Use "overweight" so it's more politically correct or less emotionally damaging. But at 225 pounds (GULP), I believe I have the right to call it like it is. I'm FAT!
But I don't want to be. I don't like feeling this way. I don't like the way my clothes don't fit. I don't like feeling out of breath because my lungs don't have any room. I don't like my huge belly that looks like I'm still carrying Little Bit (the one who will be 9 next year).
So it's time for a change.
Let's break it down into the basic elements. What do you need to lose weight? Simple. Move more, eat less.
Step one. I joined the local community center today. They have cardio and strength equipment. Membership for a year was only $30. I figure with the temperature dropping, that will be good for me to get out and do what I need to do.
Part two of step one is to figure out exactly what time of the day I can go work out. But the important part is taken care of.
Step two. Eat less. This one is going to be harder for me. I love food. I love cooking and baking and eating. I've used several techniques before, like Weight Watchers and My Fitness Pal, and I may go back to one of those. MFP is free. WW is not.
I know one important thing. I have to stop drinking soda. Possibly coffee but definitely soda. So starting tomorrow, I'm going cold turkey.
There's some other things I want to post, but I'm at church, and Dale wants to go home, so I need to finish up. Until later,
Hugs,
Melinda
No comments:
Post a Comment
This blog has moved to mghollis.wordpress.com - Please visit us there.
Hugs,
Melinda
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.