Thursday, May 22, 2008

A New Quilting Tip

As a quilter of the new generation, I do a lot of strip piecing and strip cutting. One thing that has always bugged me is I would spend a lot of time ironing my fabric and getting it straightened out and folded correctly so that I could cut a straight strip. I would cut a strip and I may or may not need that particular fabric again with in the next 2 hours. If I moved it, I basically undid the straightening I did before hand. But my sewing area is just small enough that I can't leave anything out.

Then it hit me. Binding clips! Once you cut the strip you need, slip on a couple of these binding clips and you can move your fabric all over creation (as long as the clip doesn't come off). You can even store it this way!

This picture is right after I cut a strip of the white fabric. Here's my clips and my straightened out fabric, ready to go back onto my fabric shelf.

See these fabrics? I cut them 2 days ago, and here they are, all ready to go, just in case I didn't cut enough the first time.

It's really simple. If you didn't cut enough strips, lay your fabric down, move the clips over, then cut another strip. (No, I'm not following directions. I'm playing today.)
How cool is that? So simple. I'm really glad when I can find more than one task for an item.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog has moved to mghollis.wordpress.com - Please visit us there.

Hugs,
Melinda

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.