Wednesday, January 23, 2008

This top is finished

The 4 patch quilt top for Little Bit is finished. I finally got the last borders on.

This picture is of the top hanging on our patio blinds. It's mid afternoon, so the sun is coming through. You can see every seam. LOL
This is a close up of the corner. I sort of like it. :)
It's sort of frustrating though. I thought this quilt was going to be a bit smaller. Instead, it's almost big enough for my queen size bed. As a result, I don't have ANYWHERE in my apartment to lay it out to baste it.

I also need to make the backing for it. I'm going to use the leftover pieces from the quilt piecing to make the backing. It should be fun.

Hugs,
Melinda

5 comments:

Laurie said...

TOO cute for words! I just LOVE the simplicity of this one Melinda!
Hugs
laurie

Amber said...

I think this is perfect! And I love the bright colors!! You know Mom loves it too!

Anonymous said...

You are so talented! I'm jealous.

love you~
morgan

Sweet Woodruff said...

Ohhhh...I love that fabric. It's so feminine and bright. You did a good job. I like the border!

Tim and Marie said...

I want you to know that Brianna saw this quilt and loved it! She said, "Ooohhh!!! Mama!!!!" When I clicked away from it, she wanted to know where the pretty went.

Post a Comment

This blog has moved to mghollis.wordpress.com - Please visit us there.

Hugs,
Melinda

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.