Thursday, January 17, 2008

Rob Pete

Well, it's finished. The infamous wallhanging that started it all. This is the project that when my SIL called me and said, "Hey, do you want to sew when we get together at Christmas?" got me started on cleaning my sewing area so I could use it. This is the project that got me started quilting again (hopefully more regularly) after a year and a half of sitting around and moping that I'd lost my quilting buddy. This is the project that got me going again.

It's called "Rob Pete" by Quiltsmart. It's a fusible....... thing....... technique. I had never done it before. It's really interesting.

I used a lot of buttons. :D They sort of serve two purposes. 1) They are my quilting and 2) they cover my mistake where the petals don't meet. Shh...
So there it is. It may not ever win an award, but it's mine, and it's finished. :D

Hugs,
Melinda

3 comments:

Laurie said...

that is too cute melinda! glad you are back in the swing of quilting again!
laurie

Tim and Marie said...

Melinda,
It looks great!!! I love the color you added with the buttons. It gives it a totally different feel! Such a talented person!

Amber said...

I absolutely love it! It's awesome! I'm very proud of you for quilting again. And you know Mom is proud of you, too!

Post a Comment

This blog has moved to mghollis.wordpress.com - Please visit us there.

Hugs,
Melinda

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.