You know, I've been thinking (bad idea, I know). People all grieve in different ways. Many people would look at my sister's blog and then look at mine and think that I wasn't grieving. It's not true. I just have to process it in a different way than she does. I miss my mom. While she was alive, my sister was taking care of her. She was there every day. She had to deal with issues that I didn't. But..... I called my mom. Often. And she's not there anymore. She won't be on the other end of the line anymore. Amber sees that momma is not there. I hear it. I also don't sleep well or enough.
This weekend, it really hit me. The one person I have always counted on to always love me unconditionally is gone. I know there are others, but I have learned that. I always knew my mom was there.
I just want to offer the 5 stages of grief for others out there in "BlogLand." People do this in different ways in different time frames. But it is nice to have some measure of progress (for lack of a better word). I think the thing to remember is that you do need to go through grief, even if it is in your own way and in your own time. It helps the hurting wound in your heart start to heal.
5 stages of grief as presented by Dr. Elisabeth Kubler-Ross in her book "On Death and Dying:"
Denial (this isn't happening to me!)
Anger (why is this happening to me?)
Bargaining (I promise I'll be a better person if...)
Depression (I don't care anymore)
Acceptance (I'm ready for whatever comes)
No comments:
Post a Comment
This blog has moved to mghollis.wordpress.com - Please visit us there.
Hugs,
Melinda
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.