This post is part of the Proverbs 31 Ministries Online Bible Study.
I am so far behind, I may never catch up.
I am trying to participate in an online Bible study. They host frequent blog hops, and this is supposed to be an introductory post for those who don't know how to "hop." I was supposed to post this earlier this week.
I am choosing to post about my favorite verse.
Philippine 4:13 says "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."
I didn't really understand the power of that verse until I did a Bible study on change and realized that it's not I, but Christ that does the work. I have to get out of His way. (By the way, if I ever get the courage to get a tattoo, that's what I'm going to put on it. "Not I, but Christ.")
That verse helped me run my first 5k. That verse helps me face the challenges of "life."
I have it one of those rubber band bracelets. I actually keep extra bands to pass on to others.
Christ strengthens me. I don't. He does. And because He does, I can do all things. Even run a 5K.
Even participate in an online Bible study and finish the book I've started 3 times.
Hugs,
Melinda
1 comment:
Hi Melinda you did a great job. That used to be my favorite verse and now I have so many I can't choose a favorite anymore. I am walking a 5K in two weeks in honor of my grandson - not a runner - but too old for that. Thank you so very much for hopping with us. Keep it up.
Post a Comment
This blog has moved to mghollis.wordpress.com - Please visit us there.
Hugs,
Melinda
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.