Definition of RUNNERa : one that runsAnd it defines a jogger like this.
Definition of JOGGERa : to run or ride at a slow trotb : to go at a slow, leisurely, or monotonous pace : trudgeJogging... a slow trot. A slow leisurely pace. Well, I may be slow, but I am not running leisurely, by any means of that word!
I've noticed that I have to work hard not to be jealous when people get on Facebook and say, "I ran 6 miles, I ran 8 miles, I ran 13 miles." It's hard for me to say, "I ran 3.5 miles," because I want to say, "I ONLY ran 3.5 miles."
But let's get this straight..... I RAN 3.5 MILES! Back when I started in Jan/Feb, I could barely run 1/4 of the time that I was doing 1.5 miles. I am now doing more than I ever believed or ever thought I could do!
Am I still learning? Yes. Am I still struggling? Yes.
But you know what? I am a runner!
Hugs,
Melinda
Days without soda: 1
Bike miles: 16.04
Running miles: 15
49 days left til race day!
P.S. Hopefully I'll be able to add bike miles again this week.
No comments:
Post a Comment
This blog has moved to mghollis.wordpress.com - Please visit us there.
Hugs,
Melinda
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.