Friday, January 11, 2013

Date Night Idea Book

One of the things I did NOT want for Date Night, was for us to say, "Oh yeah, that's a good idea," and then have it fizzle out after one or two weeks.  So I made a book of ideas for Dale.

I'm not sure I can explain how I got the idea, but ... maybe I can show you what I did, and you can take it and run from there with it.  And I apologize in advance, but this will be a very heavy picture post.

 All you need is an empty photo album.  One of the cheap ones from the drugstore will work just fine.

Then you need a variety of scrapbook papers.

Oh, and a bunch of scrapbook stickers are good, too. 

You need to have a catchy opening page.

And rules, of course.  You need to have rules.  They are pretty simple.
Rule 1) Date Night must be a priority.  We can move it around and change it, but we have to have it.
Rule 2) We need to pick the next week pretty close to the end of our date.  Some of the ones I have in mind will take a while to prepare.  Waiting until the last minute won't work.
Rule 3) Have fun, of course! 

Dinner by candle light.  Romantic.

Movie night.  Pretty generic, I know, but the girls insisted that I include it.

A book club.  He's been wanting me to read Dune for a while.  Why not read it together?

Root Beer Floats.  I don't know what else we're going to do, but it will be fun.  This is our date for tomorrow.  We may be setting some goals for school.

This is a workout date.  Dale has chosen this one, but we haven't been feeling good.  I'm hoping that we can do this one next week.  I think it will be interesting to exercise together.

Couples Cafe!  This is one I'm looking forward to.  I found the idea here on The Dating Divas.

We both play the card game Magic, but we haven't played in a long time.  A little friendly competition never hurt anyone.  Right?  Especially when my black deck ROCKS!

Strawberries and chocolate might not be for everyone, but I like them.  And something about feeding chocolate to Dale....  Yummy.  ;)

Just about every site I came across said to try cooking together.  I'll need to find a new recipe to use.

Okay, this one is a bit of a surprise, so hopefully, Dale won't see it.  Bubble night.  I'm thinking blowing bubbles, bubble bath, and sparkling grape juice bubbles.  I think I've seen something about bubbly food, but it's going to take a bit more research.

Game night.  I'm going to let Dale pick whatever games he wants to play.  Maybe I'll even let him win! ;)

This one should be fun.  To pull out the camera and to take silly pictures of each other.  I don't know about costumes or poses, but I think it will be a lot of fun.

This is a night of Wii competition.  

This is puzzle night.  I've got a jigsaw puzzle I bought just for this date night.  It should be fairly easy to put together in one night.

I'm excited about this one.  We're going to have a Lego building competition!

A moonlight walk, perhaps?  Maybe when it's a bit warmer outside.

I'm not sure I can get Dale interested in this one.  Coloring night.  I even bought him a new coloring book and crayons!  lol

Of course, we'll need to have an indoor picnic.

This one will be a bit different.  I like to go geocaching, but it's more of a daytime activity than a night time date.  I'll need to get a sitter, but I could easily spend three or four hours doing this.  I want to take the time to teach Dale to enjoy it as well.  

Chinese theme night.

Italian theme night.

The best way to explain this one is to just direct you to the website I got the idea from.

And really, does Breakfast in Bed need ANY explanations?

I put this one on the last page.  There were 36 slots for photos, and I only used 28 of them.  I figure we can go through all the dates twice a year without too much repeat.  And if we get any pictures, we have a place for them.

And there's the book!  This is our Date Night Ideas Book, designed to keep us from Date Night Boredom!  Hopefully we will be able to use it fully and thoroughly.

Hugs,
Melinda

P.S.  If you decide to use this idea, let me know.  I'd love to see others' ideas in action.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog has moved to mghollis.wordpress.com - Please visit us there.

Hugs,
Melinda

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.