I wanted to direct you towards this link on how to help a family in ICU. I can tell you that I agree with almost all of it. You will never know how much it means to a family unless you have been there yourself. I will still remember the lady who brought us snacks when Daddy's kidneys failed and he was in ICU. I will never forget the sheer volume of people in the waiting room when Momma had her first surgery. It truly is the little things that people need to help them through.
Oh, and if you ask how you can help and the person says "I don't know," please have some concrete things you can suggest. They are in a state of shock, and really don't know how to even function or deal with life.
Hugs,
Melinda
2 comments:
Thank you so much for the link and suggestion. It means a lot to me.
I agree about the specifics suggestion -- I think this can apply after a loss, when someone just had a baby or is going through a difficult situation of any kind.
Post a Comment
This blog has moved to mghollis.wordpress.com - Please visit us there.
Hugs,
Melinda
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.