Okay, back to the CIA and spy gadgets.
When you think of spy gear, what do you think of? Lipstick guns? Microfilm? Bugs and microphones? I believe that one of the reasons that spy novels and tv shows and movies is because it is somewhat grounded in reality. We love to pretend that these things actually exist and that we would recognize them if we ever saw them.
![]() |
| Pigeon Camera |
![]() |
| Letter Removal Device |
In the exhibits of both the International Spy Museum and the CIA Museum, you will find all sorts of gadgets and gear used by covert operatives in the field.
One of the most interesting is the Insectothopter. It was built to resemble a dragonfly, and it had a listening device built into it. Here is a video of it's test flight.
From concealed compasses, to robotic fish, it seems like the CIA thought of it all. I have spent about an hour just browsing the pictures on the CIA website and on their Flickr account. I only wish I knew the stories that go with the pictures.
Can you imagine the story behind this hollowed out coin?

Hugs,
Melinda
This post is part of a 31 day writing challenge. Find all my posts here.


No comments:
Post a Comment
This blog has moved to mghollis.wordpress.com - Please visit us there.
Hugs,
Melinda
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.