The challenge for the guild this year was called "Quilter's Paradise." We were given a piece of blue fabric and told to interpret the theme however we wanted. Pretty much no limits.
Quilter's Paradise for me means my mom. I would love to have my mom to quilt with again. But interpreting it into fabric was difficult. I had the challenge fabric for over 4 months and couldn't figure it out.
Here's my quilt. The saying is "Happiness is a good friend and a finished quilt." The blue fabric is the challenge fabric.
Last week, I was sewing something else, and feeling very down. I said, "Momma, I need some pennies. Say 3 of them?" The next day, I found these three ... in a row.
My mother taught me to sew and to quilt. My mother influenced a lot of my fabric designs. She was my teacher, my encourager, my confidiant, my best friend. This might not be the best quilt ever, but it means so much to me. And that is my "Quilter's Paradise."
Hugs,
Melinda
1 comment:
This is beautiful, Melinda. Really, really beautiful.
Post a Comment
This blog has moved to mghollis.wordpress.com - Please visit us there.
Hugs,
Melinda
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.