My problem is this. It almost seems too busy except for the grass. I thinking it needs some sort of solid border to kind of ground it a little bit (maybe orange?). But how do I make the huts stand out without unsewing it all?
Monday, June 09, 2008
I'm Stumped
I'm stumped. I've been working on Hula Huts by Lisa Boyer. I'm making a wall hanging for the silent auction of our upcoming guild show. In retrospect, I probably wouldn't use this sky fabric in this pattern. I would probably use a more solid background. I would also probably use a less busy fabric for the roof tops as well.
My problem is this. It almost seems too busy except for the grass. I thinking it needs some sort of solid border to kind of ground it a little bit (maybe orange?). But how do I make the huts stand out without unsewing it all?
My problem is this. It almost seems too busy except for the grass. I thinking it needs some sort of solid border to kind of ground it a little bit (maybe orange?). But how do I make the huts stand out without unsewing it all?
3 comments:
I don't know how to make the huts stand out, maybe a darker solid border to contrast the bright colors of the huts?
I like the sky fabric. :-)
Verigated lighter green (or put 2 shades of green into your needle) embroidery stitches on the grass would brighten it up...easy to do by hand. If you want to add texture, use pearl cotton instead of embroidery thread.
The huts might be outlined in a darker color...which will give it definition. I don't know how much you are doing by machine and how much by hand, but a satin stitch outlining the huts might be what you need. Some vertical satin stitches on the roof would tone it down.
When you decide what to do, post a picture of the finished product!
:) dbrooks
Those are so cool!
I was going to say to outline the roofs with an applique stitch, but someone already said that.
I would probably put a solid border too, and orange sounds wonderful.
Post a Comment
This blog has moved to mghollis.wordpress.com - Please visit us there.
Hugs,
Melinda
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.