Sunday, December 16, 2007

Sewing Ideas

So, in my organizing, I came across these Dear Jane blocks that my mother had made. (There's actually two more that aren't in this picture.)

There was also this block. It has just a smidge of appliqué that needs to be finished up. 2 petals need to be sewn down.
So, I was thinking.... what about a wall hanging? This is my sort of temporary arrangement.
The other two blocks (to the left in this picture) could be used as a label or something similar.

I also need to finish a wall hanging I started for my daddy LAST year. Since he's coming to visit me, I sure would like to have it finished before then.

Okay, I'm signing off now, so that I can go do the thing I like to do. And that's SEW!

Hugs,
Melinda

10 comments:

Howdy said...

Melinda that looks like it will make a great wall hanging! And I'm sure you'll be happy to put your Mom's blocks to good use - especially if you can see and enjoy them.

Laurie said...

I like this layout Melinda. It will be a nice keepsake for you to remind you of your mom...maybe hang it in your newly cleaned sewing space!! I posted there as well!
Hugs
laurie

Amber said...

I like the placement of each block! Pleasing to the eye! :D

I'm proud of you. And I love you.

Barb said...

Ahhhhhh Melinda what a wonderful way to honor your mom! I like what your thoughts are with the design, I will be anxious to see how your finish it and where you put it for your enjoyment! It looks to me like your mom had some hours in those blocks ~ lucky daughter you are to have them! ((HUGS)) Barb

Teodo said...

BUON NATALE - MERRY CHRISTMAS
HAPPY 2008 - FELICE 2008

ciao ciao

Judy L. said...

Have you been sewing? I like the arrangement you came up with!

Sweet Woodruff said...

I love this idea because I think the pieces would be safer than making them into a quilt. I love quilts on walls because it gives a punch of color and comfort. :) This post made me feel like crying. They are so beautiful and I miss your mom. I've been wanting to do Dear Jane quilts for years. I have all the fabric, I just need to stop putting it off. Life is short, as we both know. *sniff*

I'm playing catch up and posting on all the posts I missed. Love you!

Felicia said...

Merry Christmas :)

Penny McGlawn said...

Beautiful! I think it looks wonderful!

Sweet Woodruff said...

I guess you're out of town dearest. Hope all is well.

Post a Comment

This blog has moved to mghollis.wordpress.com - Please visit us there.

Hugs,
Melinda

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.