Friday, January 17, 2014

Five Minute Friday - Encouragement

This post is part of Five Minute Friday over at http://lisajobaker.com/ - The rules are simple.  Write for 5 minutes and don't edit it.  Then post it over there and visit the person in front of you.  Or several people in front of you.  The encouragement you get is wonderful.

Which is funny because that's the word today:  Encouragement.

And GO:

Encouragement.  It's such a powerful little word.  I used to be known as a good encourager and maybe to some extent, I still am.  Or at least I'm trying to do more than I used to.

But recently, I've become aware of an online community called (in)courage.  The website address is beautiful.  www.incourage.me   Isn't that great? 

They also have an online conference called (in)RL.  I may not have that exactly right, and any editing I do today is strictly to get the right web addresses listed.

Regardless, the preview trailer for the conference is beautiful and encouraging and it made me cry.  Because I DO have a story to tell.  My story.  And that has changed everything.  Instead of being the encourager, I get to be encouraged simply by telling my story.  My ups, my downs, my ins, my outs. 

I'm actually on the brink of discovering my story, and I feel like it may be bigger than I have ever realized or imagined or bigger than I understand.  I'm thoroughly excited to be in this process, even though I'm also ultimately terrified. 

But encouragement means so much to the person you give it too.  It takes so very little to give that to someone.  Reach out and try to encourage one person, big or small, and let them know they are appreciated.

And STOP.

Hugs,
Melinda

2 comments:

Mary Hill said...

Our stories of connecting, loving and finding God are so powerful that they move mountains and change lives forever. I am so glad you are making that journey to share yours. Thanks for sharing at Five Minute Friday. I will check out the online conference.

Mary-andering Creatively

Mary-andering Among the Pages

Jacqui said...

I agree, Melinda. Telling the story God gives us brings even ourselves encouragement. I wonder if that's because we're remembering all He's done. His faithfulness. And (in)courage is such a great website, huh. It was that blog which encouraged ;) me to start my own. Nice meeting you today!

Post a Comment

This blog has moved to mghollis.wordpress.com - Please visit us there.

Hugs,
Melinda

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.