res·o·lu·tion (rĕz′ə-lōō′shən)
n.
1. The state or quality of being resolute; firm determination.
2. A resolving to do something.
3. A course of action determined or decided on.
4. A formal statement of a decision or expression of opinion
Funny that. There's no "setting of goals" listed there. Well, that's good, because I'm not good at making resolutions. I seem to be better at making goals.
So, instead of a list of New Year's Resolutions, I'm working on my list of goals. They are both fitness related, health related, and spiritual related.
- I would like to be able to run the Plaza 10K since I missed it this last year.
- I would like to be able to ride the whole length of the Katy Trail.
- I would like to lose 50 pounds. In order to do that, I need to eat healthier. I will accomplish this in the following ways.
- More fruits and vegetables
- No more soda!
- No cookies or candy. If I want something sweet, I will eat an apple.
- I want to live with the following in the forefront of my mind always: Not I, but Christ.
How about you? Do you make any resolutions, or do you make goals? What kind of goals did you make? I'd love to hear them.
Hugs,
Melinda
No comments:
Post a Comment
This blog has moved to mghollis.wordpress.com - Please visit us there.
Hugs,
Melinda
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.