Friday, January 17, 2014
Morning vs. Night
I have two kids. Boo is a night owl, and her brain functions better at night or in the afternoon. Little Bit is a morning glory. Her brain functions better in the morning, and the first part of the afternoon. I've come to understand that this is just a difference in learning styles.
For example, did you know there are at least three different styles of learning? I know of three "main" styles: Visual, audio, and kinesthetic. Boo and I are both very visual learners. That's one of the reasons we like reading so much. It's why we have to write down math problems in order to solve them.
Little Bit is a kinesthetic learner. She learns by moving. When she paces while learning her memory verse, I let her, because I know she learns it that way. When she's concentrating on a difficult piece of reading, she wiggles. It's hard, because it actually distracts my visual brain, but I let her, because I know it helps.
Mom? Mom is barely awake this morning and trying to make sure Little Bit gets her learning in. I better go refill my coffee cup.
Hugs,
Melinda
No comments:
Post a Comment
This blog has moved to mghollis.wordpress.com - Please visit us there.
Hugs,
Melinda
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.