Friday, October 03, 2014

Tbilisi, Georgia

I am participating in a 31 day writing challenge, and I've decided to research information for a book I would like to write.  You can find all of my other posts here.

My uncle was in Tbilisi, Georgia when he was killed.  Today, I want to take the opportunity to learn more about the area.  Unfortunately, my brain is shot, so coherent writing seems to be out of the picture for today.  How about a list of links instead?

Oh, one interesting thing I read is that Joseph Stalin was from Georgia.

Tbilisi, Georgia - Wikipedia link
The country of Georgia - Wikipedia link
Information on Tbilisi - This looks like it might be local.
The US Embassy in Georgia

How about some pictures?
 
 
 


To make what could be a really long blog post short, Tbilisi is at least 1500 years old.  It is very diverse in population and culture.  It looks like it would be a very interesting place to visit.  I can see why Uncle Freddie would have enjoyed working there.

Hugs,
Melinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog has moved to mghollis.wordpress.com - Please visit us there.

Hugs,
Melinda

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.