GO:
Joy? Me? The one who just wrote this big long post about being depressed? How do I write about joy? There are some days I don't feel like I know what joy is.
But then I realize, I'm actually defining joy as happiness, and the two are not the same thing. Related, yes, but not the same.
Joy is watching my child who was a reluctant reader pick up a favorite book. Happiness is ... I'm not sure I can define either one.
But a lot of the time, I can be joyful without being "happy." Little Bit is a happy person. She's always smiling, always laughing, always singing. She is a happy person. And I take joy in that. I really do. I am very thankful for my youngest.
STOP
But, I really don't want to stop, because I need definitions. They make me... happy. lol
Hugs,
Melinda
Full Definition of HAPPY
1
: favored by luck or fortune : fortunate
2
: notably fitting, effective, or well adapted : felicitous
3
4
a : characterized by a dazed irresponsible state
b : impulsively or obsessively quick to use or do something
c : enthusiastic about something to the point of obsession : obsessed
Full Definition of JOY
1
2
: a state of happiness or felicity : bliss
3
: a source or cause of delight
No comments:
Post a Comment
This blog has moved to mghollis.wordpress.com - Please visit us there.
Hugs,
Melinda
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.