Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Ramblings

I originally started this blog as a way for me to deal with my mother's cancer. When I found out she was actually reading it (LOL), I turned it into a quilting blog. Since we've moved and I haven't had hardly any time to quilt, I guess it's a family blog now.

Tomorrow is "Take your Child to Work" day. It's also my last day of work. I have been working at Maggie Moo's Ice Cream and Treatery since February 12 of this year. I actually really enjoy my job. I usually open the store, and I've had a lot of responsibilities, more than any other position I've had. I also discovered that I really like working with people and making them smile. And I discovered that I can pray for just about anyone who walks in the door.

But, while I enjoy the work, I also HATE being away from my girls. I love them both so much. I worked when Sweet Pea was two, and I missed so much of her growing up. I really love being a stay at home mommy. So.... tomorrow is my last day.

Back to "Take your child to work" day. Sweet Pea is going with me. At least for an hour or two. It promises to be interesting. She is so excited.

Did you know we are going to be looking for a house? We are currently trying to become debt free (at the same time, realizing that it will not happen overnight). But our current conditions are not.... suitable. It's time for us to move. Yesterday.

One thing is that I have been some sort of sick ever since Christmas. So has Lil Bit. Sweet Pea is responding to allergy medicine, and I just started Claritin today.

Another thing is that I can not take the arguing anymore. Sweet Pea and Jordan argue and fuss and fight all the time. I'm worried for her physical safety, but I'm also worried about her emotionally.

It's approaching the one year anniversary of Momma's death. It's becoming harder and harder as we get closer to it. I keep thinking, "this time last year, I was...." (fill in the blank). I know it sounds awful, but I don't think I want to have a birthday this year. It's just another reminder, just another memory that I don't want to deal with.

Although, Amber and I are talking about meeting at the Precious Moments Chapel in Carthage, MO. If you haven't been there, you should really go. It is very peaceful.

Well, I'm not sure what else to ramble about. We are anxiously awaiting the arrival of Nonnie next week in order to celebrate Lil Bit's second birthday. Dale started a new job at the end of March and is also trying to do a freelance type job with someone from our church. I'm trying to stay away from TV, but when it comes to Lost, watch out. I'm not up on current theories, but after tonight's episode, I'm going to do some reading!

Random thought: Why is easier to read about a make believe TV show, than it is to read my Bible?

I think I've done enough rambling for tonight. I hope those very few of you who read my blog actually understand it. I'll try to make more sense next time. But for some reason, my Non-Drowsy Claritin is making me sleepy. Nighty night!

1 comment:

Doodlebug Gail said...

Hi Melinda - I have you on my Bloglines list so I don't miss out on anything new in your life. Hugs for you for everything that's going on in your life.

Post a Comment

This blog has moved to mghollis.wordpress.com - Please visit us there.

Hugs,
Melinda

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.