Thursday, February 20, 2014

The Lord is my portion

22Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. 23 They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. 24 I say to myself, “The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him."  --- Lamentations 3:22-24

I haven't been turning to God.  I haven't been asking Him to help me with every temptation and every craving. I haven't let God be my portion.

I have been thinking about portion sizes.  Or, well, just portions.  Are two portions permissible?  Yes, but maybe not beneficial.  Maybe I don't need to have two tuna fish sandwiches.  Maybe I don't need to take a second piece of pie.  Maybe I need to wait for God.

I don't need to super size my meal, because I don't want to be super size myself.  I want a super sized faith. 

Hugs,
Melinda


No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog has moved to mghollis.wordpress.com - Please visit us there.

Hugs,
Melinda

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.