Sunday, July 27, 2008

Crazy Challenge

So my guild is having a quilt show in September. And I have agreed to participate in the challenge portion of the show. The title of the challenge is "A Quilter's Journey." Just the name sent all sorts of ideas running through my head, especially considering where I started, where I am and where I would like to be.

Here's the description that came with the rules and the fabric:

We have all take a journey as quilters. None of us were born with the knowledge we have today about our beloved craft. Some of us have taken a personal journey, and some of us have taken more of a physical journey to arrive where we are today.

Our challenge to you, is to use the enclosed "travel" fabric to express your "journey." Some examples of "travel patterns" are, but not restricted to: Road to Oklahoma, Road to Jerico, Yello Brick Road.

I was so excited. I just knew this was going to be a GREAT fabric and a great challenge with a bazillion ideas.

Here's the fabric. It's 8.5" square. This is my entire piece of fabric.

I'm stumped. The one thing I can think of is Roswell, New Mexico and a play on "UFO." I have about a month and a half to design and get this out. But this is probably even worse than the ugly green paisley print I had for my first challenge.

Whatever.
Hugs,
Melinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog has moved to mghollis.wordpress.com - Please visit us there.

Hugs,
Melinda

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.