So I'm going to make an admission here, but I don't want comments on the problem. I want comments on a step I made towards a solution.
I have a spending problem. I spend money (as well as eat) when I am stressed out. This wouldn't be a problem if I kept track of the bank account. But you can guess.... I have that problem too. The result is that over the past few months, our account has been seriously overdrawn this month.
So, I'm checking my e-mail tonight, when I found that my bank sent me an e-mail. Apparently they have an alert feature. So I hop on over to the site, and I have now set up an alert to where the bank will send me an e-mail alert if our bank account goes under $100! I'm so proud of myself for discovering this, because I REALLY don't like being in financial problems.
Well, anyway.... Dale and I are going to have a serious heart to heart about our finances when I get home. Hopefully, we'll get back on track fairly quickly.
3 comments:
congrats on recognizing the problem and doing something about it!!
love you ~ morgan
Melinda,
A positive step forward!
Hugs
Laurie
Melinda, Sad to say but the problem you have is a problem most of us have had at one time or another. Admitting it and sharing it here is a huge step.
Have you tried the envelope system? If you want to know how I put it to use for myself, send me an e-mail and I'll give you the boring details.
Good luck!
Judy L.
Post a Comment
This blog has moved to mghollis.wordpress.com - Please visit us there.
Hugs,
Melinda
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.